Page Views

Sunday 15 January 2012

Where do writers get their inspiration?

Ah, the eternal question asked to writers: how many times I have heard this and so many different answers have I heard! The answers change from writer to writer and even in one writer, they are hardly consistent. I've been inspired by music, by photos and by other books but most recently, I was given a plot in a dream. I had been mulling over some characters in my head for a while (inspired by two people I saw at the Post Office) but I had no plot to go with them. Then, out of the blue, I had my first writing-inspiring dream. I have a friend who had a dream and from that, she has written and published three children's books. It just goes to show, it's worth making a note of all these little things; the people you see, the dreams you dream and any striking piece of music. Even the things that seem ridiculous at the time can be a vital part of a future story.

Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment