Page Views

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Get your writing out there!

I've always been a bit scared of posting my writing online - I mean, it's mine. What if someone else steals it?
It's taken me a while to realise that even if someone does steal an idea or a chunk of text, they won't get far with it. If they're out thieving, they probably haven't got the ability to finish a story so nothing will happen if they come                  
                                                          across your writing.

Now that this fear is out of the way, put your writing to the big wide world! There are so many websites that you can use to promote your own writing and post it. I am a recent Wattpad convert, after years of not being too big on posting my stuff on the internet (if you haven't heard of Beth Reekles, look her up!) and I'm learning it's quite fun. I can post my stuff in installments of one story (great for novels) or little pieces of their own merit.

Of course, there are many more websites out there and I could exhaust myself listing them all but a quick google search for "writing websites" can easily churn up hundreds of different sites. Do a bit of reading around to find the right one for you. I settled with Wattpad because I've heard a lot of good stuff about it - also, agents and people in the literary world are known to occasionally find something they like there. It's worth a try! Even published authors are known to post their work on the site, too. It's a great place to meet likeminded people, all striving for that bit of recognition.


Of course this was coming: my shameless plug. But this is my blog after all, and I'd love to promote my work (it hasn't even got 50 reads yet!) so every little counts. Send me a message if you have any questions or concerns.

http://www.wattpad.com/story/5275996-alphabet-soup

Happy Writing!

- Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment