Page Views

Friday 22 June 2012

Pinterest for writers

So, at first I didn't really warm to the idea of Pinterest but I read an article earlier that has had me begging for the waiting period to be shorter! Many of you may well know about Pinterest but for those of you who don't, it's like a virtual corkboard where things don't fall off and it can be used for any area you're interested in.

As soon as I was accepted into the site, I set about collecting images for my corkboard: I'm using it as a virtual storage place for all things Novel. My most populated board is for a book I plan to start writing during the August Camp NaNoWriMo (I'm currently doing the June one - 42,000 words in!). I find it helps to be surrounded by these images so that I don't forget my allegiances to my other writings. Instead of filling up pages and pages with detailed descriptions of my main character's girlfriend's step-mum's brothers, I can just pin any photo that piques my interest.

Warning - this may lead to excessive trawling of the internet to find the perfect photos. It's not only photos you can pin. Try quotes or recipes, anything that comes in a picture format or can be found under google images. People have boards for all sorts of different things: fashion designers might pin clothes and designs they like or interior designers might create the perfect rooms. It's your free heaven upon which to unleash your creativity. Let yourself go wild, pinning this way and that - after installing the Pin It button on your bookmark list, you can pin any image from any site directly to your pinterest with the click of a button.

Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment